We’re all about rewards in this episode of the Random Nintendo Podcast. We share our impressions of Virtue’s Last Reward, the 3DS entry in the point-and-click Zero Escape series, along with our thoughts on eShop puzzle-platformer NightSky and NES classic Ghosts’n Goblins. On the news front, Nintendo released its latest financials and then rewarded fans with an onslaught of news that includes new details on the Wii U’s first-party launch titles, the first glimpse of the Wii U ad campaign, and a variety of 3DS tidbits.
The rewards don’t stop there, though. We are also rewarding you, the listener, with a giveaway! We have two special Wreck-It Ralph t-shirts that we are giving away in honor of the movie’s release this weekend. To win one of these shirts, simply leave a comment below with your thoughts on the movie or on this episode of the podcast. We will chose two comments at random and reward each comment’s author with a shirt. We’ll also be featuring your takes on the movie, and announcing our two winners, in the next episode of the podcast.
To make sure sure you don’t miss a thing, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes and follow us on Twitter @RandomNintendo. If you would like to learn more about any of the topics discussed on today’s episode, we have provided links below. Enjoy!
- Earnings Release: Six Months Ended September 30, 2012 (Nintendo Investor Relations)
- Second Quarter Financial Results Briefing for Fiscal Year Ending March 2013 (Nintendo Investor Relations)
- Nintendo halves operating loss from a year ago despite falling Wii and DS sales (The Verge)
- The Nintendo 3DS’ Other Problem Appears To Be The DS (Kotaku)
- Nintendo Details Three Final Nintendo Land Attractions (Nintendo Press Site)
- Nintendo Reveals New Details About Upcoming New Super Mario Bros. U For Wii U (Nintendo Press Site)
- Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge for Wii U Arrives Nov. 18 with Exclusive Features (Nintendo.com)
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted confirmed for Wii U in 2013 (Polygon)
- Wii U Advertising Campaign Launch Video (YouTube)
- Nintendo and Burger King are teaming up (Nintendo.com)
- Nintendo Deluxe Digital Promotion (Official Site)
- Playing online EA games on Wii U creates an Origin account, Nintendo Network ID/friend list info gathered (GoNintendo)
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is a giant download on Wii U (Joystiq)
- Nintendo Direct 10.25.12 (YouTube)
- New Wii Bundles Keep Families Grooving and Imaginations Soaring this Holiday Season (Nintendo.com)
- Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward (Official Site)
- NightSky (Official Site)
- Ghosts’n Goblins (Nintendo.com Game Page)
- Nintendo Land (Official Site)
- New Super Mario Bros. U (Official Site)
- Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge (Official Site)
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted (Official Site)
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition (Official Site)
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Official Site)
- Fire Emblem: Awakening (IGN Game Page)
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf (IGN Game Page)
Official Contest Rules: All registrants must be a resident of the United States of America and age 13 or older. The contest begins on November 4, 2012 at 12:00 AM PST and ends on November 14, 2012. at 11:59 PM PST. Visitors may only enter the contest once by leaving a comment below. Any additional entries that a given visitor makes will be disqualified. Two (2) comment posters will be be chosen at random and each receive the following prize: one (1) Wreck-It Ralph t-shirt given out by Disney at San Diego Comic-Con (size: Large). Random Nintendo staff members may not participate in this contest. Random Nintendo reserves the right to disqualify any entry for any reason. The winners will be chosen at random on November 15, 2012, announced in Episode 29 of the Random Nintendo Podcast, and then notified via email.