Two E3 expos, 18 months, way too long… However you want to quantify the wait for the Wii U, it’s finally over and Nintendo’s newest home console is now available! To celebrate, we recorded a special bonus episode of the Random Nintendo Podcast packed with our thoughts on everything Wii U, from the final hardware and built-in apps to an assortment of post-launch news. We also have the big launch games covered with impressions of Nintendo Land, New Super Mario Bros. U, ZombiU, and Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. So click that play button and join us as we usher in the next generation of Nintendo gaming!
With the Wii U now available, what are your thoughts on the system? Have a crazy launch day story? Let us know in the comments below and we’ll pick a few of our favorites to share. Don’t forget to also check back next week as we return to our regular podcast schedule. Our next episode will be posted on Sunday, December 2 with even more Wii U game impressions and news. To make sure you don’t miss it, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes and follow us on Twitter @RandomNintendo.
If you would like to learn more about any of the topics discussed in this special episode, we have provided links below. Enjoy!
- Nintendo Network ID Tied to Individual Wii U Consoles (IGN)
- Nintendo: Miiverse Debug A ‘Mock Up’ (GameInformer.com)
- Nintendo Steams Up the Wii U eShop (IGN)
- Wii U will have a Ubisoft Uplay app (Polygon)
- RUMOR – Another Wii U patch coming next week, will fix freezing/loading issues (GoNintendo)
- Treyarch details some elements of Call of Duty: Black Ops II’s next update (GoNintend0)
- Nintendo Land (Official Site)
- New Super Mario Bros. U (Official Site)
- ZombiU (Official Site)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (Official Site)