If there’s one word that sums up this episode of the Random Nintendo Podcast, it’s change. Be it Pokemon Snn & Moon, Metroid Prime: Blast Ball or even the return of Layton, nothing is following in its own footsteps. We start off with the biggest change of them all, Nintendo’s move from two gaming devices to one with reports of NX truly being a hybrid device. We break down what that means for both the company’s future and the system’s potential power. We then shift over to game changers, as in changes in actual games, with our thoughts on Pokemon Sun & Moon’s new gameplay flow and battle mechanics, as well as the disappointing removal of key features from Pokemon Go. Our attention then turns outside the Poke-verse, from the new Lady Layton to our impressions of Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, before concluding with Angel’s gaming tales from Japan.
What do you think of the NX as hybrid? Let us know in the comments below and we’ll highlight our favorite comments when discussing the NX in the future. If you enjoyed this episode, don’t forget to subscribe to us on iTunes, Google Play Music, or your podcasting app of choice. You can also follow us on Twitter @RandomNintendo so you don’t miss any future site updates.
As always, we’ve included links below for more information on the news and games discussed in this episode. Each link also lists a time stamp so you can easily locate the segments that most interest you. Enjoy!
- [0:01] Nintendo NX is a portable console with detachable controllers & Nintendo NX is powered by Nvidia Tegra technology (Eurogamer)
- [0:10] Along with the portable console hybrid rumors, the Nintendo NX might play smartphone games too (Destructoid)
- [0:25] Pokemon, Mario and Zelda headline NX ‘dream’ line-up (MCV)
- [0:29] RIVE Delayed for Wii U and Could Switch to NX, Two Tribes Tells Us Why (Nintendo Life)
- [0:31] Nintendo suffers huge first-quarter loss as Wii U and 3DS sales tumble (Ars Technica)
- [0:39] New Pokemon Sun and Moon Trailer Reveals Alola Forms, Z-Moves, New Pokemon and More (IGN)
- [0:69] Pokemon Sun and Moon’s high-powered accessory is coming to toy stores this fall (Polygon)
- [1:08] Even Pokemon Go’s Biggest Fans Are Turning Against It Right Now (Kotaku)
- [1:13] Update on Maintaining and Running the Pokémon GO Service (Niantic’s Pokemon Go Blog)
- [1:28] Nintendo Benefits From Pokemon Go Halo as 3DS Game Sales Double (Bloomberg)
- [1:30] Nintendo’s ‘Miitomo’ app update reminds you it still exists (Engadget)
- [1:34] Professor Layton’s next game stars the young Lady Layton (Polygon)
- [1:54] Angel’s Tales from Japan
- [1:40] Metroid Prime: Blast Ball (Nintendo.com Game Page)
- [0:29] Rive (Official Site)
- [0:39] Pokemon Sun & Moon (Official Site)
- [1:08] Pokemon Go (Official Site)
- [1:30] Miitomo (Official Site)
- [1:34] Lady Layton: The Millionaire Ariadne’s Conspiracy (IGN Game Page)
- [1:54] Luigi’s Mansion Arcade (MarioWiki Page)