It’s time to catch ‘em all, all over again. In this episode of the Random Nintendo Podcast, we head to the tropics of Alola to bring you in-depth impressions of the highly anticipated Pokemon Sun & Moon. It’s also Switch rumors galore as we break down a bevy of rumors about the upcoming console’s game lineup, including what’s coming at launch, additional ports you may not expect, and reports of a Mario x Rabbids RPG (yes, you read that correctly). Plus, we discuss Super Mario Run’s newly announced price, Ditto’s debut in Pokemon Go, and Nintendo’s October sales numbers.
This episode also marks our fifth anniversary, and to celebrate, we’re giving you a chance to win a $50 eShop credit! When our podcast first began, the 3DS was only six months old and the Wii U was still a year away. Now with nearly their entire lifespans under our show’s belt, we want to hear your favorite 3DS and/or Wii U memory. Simply leave a comment below with your memory – be it a specific game, a moment with friends, or something else entirely – and our favorite will receive the full $50 eShop credit. The winner will be announced in our next episode, so make sure you don’t miss it by subscribing to us to on iTunes, Google Play Music, or your favorite podcasting app, as well as following us on Twitter @RandomNintendo.
As always, we’ve included links below for more information on the news and games discussed in this episode. Each link also lists a time stamp so you can easily locate the segment that most interest. We hope you enjoy, and whether you’ve been with us from day one or just tuned in recently, thank you for listening over the past half-decade!
- [0:02] Report: Mario & Skyrim Switch at Launch, Splatoon Pack In, No March Wii U Zelda (Let’s Play Video Games)
- [0:21] Report: Ubisoft Developing Rabbids & Mario Crossover RPG For Switch Launch Day (Let’s Play Video Games)
- [0:35] Zelda: Breath of the Wild to miss Nintendo Switch launch (Eurogamer)
- [0:41] Rumor: Mario Kart for Switch brings a mix of old and new (Emily Rogers’ Blog)
- [0:49] Rumour: Xenoblade X Port Coming To Nintendo Switch (My Nintendo News)
- [0:52] Sources: Nintendo Switch to get Pokémon Sun and Moon version (Eurogamer)
- [1:09] Lego City Undercover Is Coming To The Nintendo Switch (Siliconera)
- [1:13] This is not a drill: Wave Race has just been trademarked by Nintendo (GamesRadar+)
- [1:15] October 2016 NPD: Battlefield, Mafia, and Gears dominate the sales chart (VentureBeat)
- [1:20] Pokemon Sun & Moon Brings GameStop The Highest Pre-Orders In Five Years (GameStop)
- [1:21] Super Mario Run Release Date, Price Revealed (IGN)
- [1:32] Ditto is now in Pokemon GO (TechCrunch)
- [1:39] Here’s a Breakdown of All That Swapdoodle DLC (Nintendo Life)
- [1;45] Pokemon Sun & Moon (Official Site)
- [0:06] Mario for Nintendo Switch (IGN Game Page)
- [0:10] Splatoon for Nintendo Switch (IGN Game Page)
- [0:35] Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo.com Game Page)
- [0:41] Mario Kart 8 (Official Site)
- [0:49] Xenoblade Chronicles X (Official Site)
- [1:09] Lego City Undercover (Official Site)
- [1:21] Super Mario Run (Official Site)
- [1:32] Pokemon Go (Official Site)
- [1:39] Swapdoodle (Nintendo.com Game Page)
Official Contest Rules: All registrants must be a resident of the United States of America and age 13 or older. The contest begins on November 27, 2016 at 12:00 AM PST and ends on December 8, 2016 at 11:59 PM PST. Visitors may only enter the contest once by leaving a comment below. Any additional entries that a given visitor makes will be disqualified. One (1) commenter will be chosen at the discretion of the Random Nintendo team and receive the following prize: one (1) digital code redeemable for $50 in credit on the US Nintendo eShop. Random Nintendo staff members may not participate in this contest. Random Nintendo reserves the right to disqualify any entry for any reason. The winner will be chosen at random on December 9, 2016, announced in Episode 139 of the Random Nintendo Podcast, and then notified via email.