War changes a squid. And a kid. In this episode of the Random Nintendo Podcast, we return from the battlefield of the Splatoon 2 Global Testfire with hands-on impressions of everything new in the upcoming Switch game, from the single-screen interface to the weapons and specials. We also fight a war of a different kind as we report back from the pixelated trenches of Metal Slug 3 for Switch. Combat not your thing? We’ve still got you covered with fresh third-party Switch news, theories on the missing Switch Virtual Console, the latest on Nintendo’s mobile happenings, and a look at how Switch is following in the DS’s footsteps. All that, plus a Splatoon debate of the ages: Splat Roller or Splattershot?
We’re also happy to announce that the Random Nintendo Podcast is now available on Stitcher! You can continue to find us on iTunes, Google Play Music, or your favorite podcasting app as well, and as always you can follow us on Twitter @RandomNintendo.
Below, we’ve included links for more information on the games and news discussed in this episode. Each link also lists a time stamp so you can easily find the segments that most interest you. Enjoy!
- [0:01] Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Is Now A Nintendo Switch Game (Kotaku)
- [0:13] Square Enix releasing Mana collection for Nintendo Switch (Polygon)
- [0:15] Discussion: What Happened to Switch’s Virtual Console?
- [0:23] WB Comments on LEGO City: Undercover Switch Download (IGN)
- [0:31] Capcom asked Nintendo to increase Switch RAM prior to release for RE Engine support, Nintendo obliged (GoNintendo)
- [0:33] Digital downloads killed 150 GameStop stores (Engadget)
- [0:34] Limited edition bundle on the way for Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (Nintendo.com)
- [0:37] Discussion: What’s Up with Nintendo’s Shortages?
- [0:57] Fire Emblem Heroes Spring Event Comes With Bunny Costumes (Kotaku)
- [0:59] Pokemon Go’s latest event is making everyone a Magikarp fan (Polygon)
- [1:03] Nintendo chases more than profit with ‘Super Mario Run’ (Nikkei Asian Review)
- [1:12] Nintendo planning unconventional software for Switch (Nintendo Everything)
- [1:14] GameStop: Switch demand ‘incredibly strong’, Zelda attach rate ‘almost 1:1′ (Gamasutra)
- [1:20] Nintendo Has A “Big E3″ Planned, Exec Says (GameSpot)
- [1:30] Splatoon 2 (Official Site)
- [1:55] ACA NEOGEO Metal Slug 3 (Nintendo.com Game Page)
- [0:02] Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Official Kickstarter Page)
- [0:13] Seiken Densetsu Collection (IGN Game Page)
- [0:23] LEGO City Undercover (Official Site)
- [0:34] Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (Official Site)
- [0:57] Fire Emblem Heroes (Official Site)
- [0:59] Pokemon Go (Official Site)
- [1:03] Super Mario Run (Official Site)