Ready to rock? We are, and in fact, we already did. In this episode of the Random Nintendo Podcast, we share our hands-on impressions of the just-announced Guitar Hero Live, an upcoming reboot of the series that puts a new emphasis on realism with real video footage and a new chord-based button configuration. We also give full impressions of 3DS strategy game Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. and the newly playable Mewtwo in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS. Plus, we cover a variety of news including the announcement of LEGO Dimensions, first details on Yo-Kai Watch’s western debut, and Nintendo’s March sales numbers.
What do you think of the changes coming to Guitar Hero? Leave a comment below and let us know! If you liked the episode, consider also leaving a review (and subscribing!) on iTunes and follow us on Twitter @RandomNintendo to stay in the loop on future updates.
As always, we’ve included links below for more information on all the games and news discussed in this episode. Each link also lists a time stamp so you can easily find the segments that most interest you. Enjoy!
- [0:02] Guitar Hero Lives Aims to Reshape a Beloved Rhythm Game for a New Generation (Polygon)
- [0:22] The real reason Guitar Hero Live traded graphics for live video footage (The Verge)
- [0:29] Let the rumors of the new Call of Duty on Wii U begin again (GoNintendo)
- [0:32] Warner Bros. Announces LEGO Dimensions (IGN)
- [0:44] Monster Hunter Stories Announced For Nintendo 3DS (Siliconera)
- [0:52] Nintendo Bringing Yo-Kai Watch 3DS to the West (Tiny Cartridge)
- [0:56] What the heck is Yo-Kai Watch? 10 things you need to know (Gamasutra)
- [1:02] Two of the best Nintendo 3DS games are getting mobile-exclusive sequels (The Verge)
- [1:06] Mewtwo Download Codes Arrive for Club Nintendo Members (IGN)
- [1:18] Hidden files suggest Street Fighter’s Ryu may come to Smash Bros. (Arstechnica)
- [1:22] Here’s the full track list for Mario Kart 8′s new Animal Crossing DLC (GamesRadar)
- [1:33] March 2015 NPD: PS4 beats Xbox One; Battlefield, Bloodborne lead sluggish March game sales (VentureBeat)
- [0:02] Guitar Hero Live (Official Site)
- [0:28] Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Official Site)
- [0:32] LEGO Dimensions (Official Site)
- [0:44] Monster Hunter Stories (IGN Game Page)
- [0:52] Yo-Kai Watch (IGN Game Page)
- [1:06] Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS (Official Site)
- [1:22] Mario Kart 8 (Official Site)
- [1:48] Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. (Official Site)