Whether it’s the woolly worlds of Yoshi’s latest adventure or the many layers of Nintendo’s new mobile plans and financials, fans have been left with lots to untangle. Luckily, we’re here to help. We first kick off this episode of the Random Nintendo Podcast with an in-depth discussion of Nintendo’s mobile plans, including details on their new membership program and theories of how their debut app, Miitomo, may be a trojan horse for something much bigger. We then jump into Nintendo’s financials, breaking down the good, the bad, and what Nintendo plans to do next for Wii U and 3DS. From there, it’s all about the games as we weigh in on fresh Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash and Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival details, followed by our full impressions of Yoshi’s Woolly World and hands-on with the upcoming Yo-Kai Watch.
We want to hear from you, too! Be it your take on the Miitomo announcement or Yoshi’s Woolly World, post a comment below and tell us what you think. If you liked the show, consider leaving a review (and subscribing!) on iTunes. You can also follow us on Twitter @RandomNintendo to stay in the loop on all site happenings.
As always, we’ve included links below for more information on the news and games discussed in this episode. Each link also lists a time stamp to easily find the segments that most interest you. Enjoy!
- [0:01 - 1:07] Nintendo Financial Results Briefing for Q2 2015 (Nintendo Investor Relations)
- [0:03] Nintendo’s New Membership Program is Called My Nintendo (IGN)
- [0:13] Mii Avatars Star in Nintendo’s First Mobile Game This March (Wired)
- [0:29] Nintendo’s New Text Bot is Kooky (Kotaku)
- [0:31] Nintendo Mobile Game Delay Triggers $4.5 Billion Drop in Value (Bloomberg)
- [0:42] GoldenEye on N64: Miyamoto wanted to tone down the killing (The Guardian)
- [0:46] Nintendo’s first quarter under new CEO sees slight boost to Wii U sales (The Verge)
- [1:00] Yo-Kai Watch will have a cheap 2DS bundle (Tiny Cartridge)
- [1:04] September 2015 NPD: NBA, NFL games have big month as hardware sputters (VentureBeat)
- [1:08] Mario Maker Update Adding Checkpoints, Progressive Powerups (Nintendo World Report)
- [1:15] Are Playable Octolings Set to Invade Splatoon? (GoNintendo)
- [1:19] New Nintendo Direct Coming Before End of the Year (GameSpot)
- [1:25] Nintendo serves up new details about Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash (Nintendo.com)
- [1:34] Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival details – different modes and more (Nintendo Everything)
- [1:45] Yoshi’s Woolly World (Official Site)
- [1:59] Yo-Kai Watch (Official Site)
- [0:13] Miitomo (IGN Game Page))
- [1:07] Super Mario Maker (Official Site)
- [1:15] Splatoon (Official Site)
- [1:25] Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash (Official Site)
- [1:34] Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival (Official Site)