Creepy hospital wards and video game award shows don’t often go together, but sometimes we’ve just got to live up to that “random” in our name. As such, in this episode of the Random Nintendo Podcast, we’re sharing full impressions of both Dementium Remastered for 3DS and our trip to the 2015 Game Awards. The show kicks off with an in-depth discussion of the upcoming NX as we examine leaked patents that point to the first truly plausible ideas of what the system could be. Our attention then turns to Nintendo’s broader strategy as we cover the company’s newfound focus on Disney-style IP expansion. From there, we hone in on specific news stories such as Minecraft: Wii U Edition’s official reveal and November’s sales charts, before concluding with those Dementium and Game Awards impressions. Plus, be sure to stay tuned until the very end of the show for the announcement of our $35 eShop credit giveaway winner!
Did you watch the 2015 Game Awards? Tell us what you thought of the broadcast, or any of the topics in this episode, in the comments below. If you liked what you heard, consider leaving a review (and subscribing!) on iTunes, as well as following us on Twitter @RandomNintendo to stay in the loop on future updates.
As always, we’ve included links below for more information on the news and games discussed in this episode. Each episode also lists a time stamp so you can easily find the segments that most interest you. Enjoy!
- [0:01 - 0:59] 14 Things Nintendo President Tatsumi Kimishima Told Us (Time.com)
- [0:08] This patent reveals how Nintendo’s mystery console could work (Tech Insider)
- [0:14] Nintendo Patent Application – Handheld (or controller?) featuring a free-form display (NeoGAF)
- [0:27] Registration for New “Nintendo Account” System Opens in Japan (GameSpot)
- [0:34] Wa-hoo! Super Mario goes luxury in new Moschino collaboration (Mashable)
- [0:40] 5 Things We Learned From Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime (TIME)
- [0:48] Shovel Knight amiibo arrives in January with exclusive content (Polygon)
- [1:00] Minecraft: Wii U Edition Announced! (Microsoft Studios Blog)
- [1:06] The final Super Smash-centric Nintendo Direct is coming December 15 (Destructoid)
- [1:13] Nintendo Teams Up With Mercedes Again in Super Mario Maker (IGN)
- [1:17] November 2015 NPD: Call of Duty outsells Fallout 4 as PlayStation 4 takes November (VentureBeat)
- [1:28] North America- Top 5 Spenders in Video Game TV Advertising for Nov. 2015 (GoNintendo)
- [1:31] Discussion: The Game Awards 2015 (Official Site)
- [1:43] Game Awards 2015 pulls in 2.3M people, more than 1B Twitter impressions (Polygon)
- [1:48] Dementium Remastered (Official Site)
- [0:48] Shovel Knight (Official Site)
- [1:00] Minecraft: Wii U Edition (Nintendo.com Game Page)
- [1:06] Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS (Official Site)
- [1:13] Super Mario Maker (Official Site)