There are rumors and then there are crazy rumors. The idea of a Metroid/Star Fox crossover game falls into the latter category. It’s not often that Nintendo combines franchises, so an intergalactic mashup of this nature deserves special attention. In this episode of the Random Nintendo Podcast, we discuss this very rumor, along with Ubisoft’s ambitious Wii U plans, a slew of other Wii U rumors, and the latest video game sales numbers. We also share our impressions of both Go! Go! Kokopolo for DSiWare (which stars the “mad cat” of our episode title) and the 3DS demo of Rayman Origins, so be sure to take a listen!
What’s the craziest Nintendo rumor you’ve heard? Do you think a mashup of Star Fox and Metroid will happen? Share your thoughts in the comments section below! While you’re there, we would also love to hear what you think of today’s episode and the RN Podcast as a whole, so please leave us your comments and suggestions.
As always, if you would like to learn more about any of the topics discussed on today’s episode, we have provided links below. Enjoy!
- RUMOR: Is Retro Studios’ Wii U game “Star Fox – Metroid: Fusion Saga”? (Paul Gale Network)
- Luigi’s Mansion 2 listed for Wii U – Retail Radar (GameSpot)
- AP NewsBreak: Ubisoft assembling Avengers for game (seattlepi.com)
- Ubisoft Readying Seven Wii U Games (Nintendo Life)
- Nintendo to offer Wii U cloud storage for save games and player profiles (Wii U Daily)
- RUMOR – Wii U survey possibly indicates two Wii U controllers at once, suggests $300 price (GoNintendo)
- RUMOR – TT Games employee shows off new Wii U controller (GoNintendo)
- No Sequel for Kid Icarus Uprising (IGN)
- Nintendo Phasing Out 3DS Aqua Blue (Andriasang.com)
- Video game sales hit five-month sales slide (USA Today)
- April 2012 NPD update – Kid Icarus: Uprising, Spirit Camera sales details (GoNintendo)
- Go! Go! Kokopolo (Official Site)
- Rayman Origins (Official Site)
- Luigi’s Mansion 2 (Nintendo.com Game Page)
- Marvel Avengers: Battle For Earth (Official Site)
- Kid Icarus: Uprising (Official Site)